Recession can lead to severe conditions like unemployment. People without jobs have to pass through a critical financial situation to support their families. So, the Department of Labor and Workforce Development, in the State of New Jersey has taken the initiative of providing unemployed people with some benefits. NJUIFILE is the official portal where unemployed people in New Jersey need to file their unemployment claims to get the benefits. This article is going to elucidate all details that you need to know for filing your unemployment claim.
What is the unemployment benefit?
Unemployment Insurance (UI) Program intends to provide financial support to those people who have lost their jobs for no fault of their own. One needs to meet all the eligibility requirements to qualify for the benefits offered by the government. The New Jersey government has initiated unemployment benefits as per the New Jersey Unemployment Compensation Law. Receiving all eligibility requirements, an unemployed person can enjoy benefits for up to 26 weeks during the one-year period.
When one is employed in New Jersey, he has to pay payroll tax. On the other hand, the government helps them with insurance benefits with the amount received from taxes when they are no longer employed. The benefits partially replace wages so that unemployed people get financial support while searching for new jobs.
Who are eligible for NJUIFILE benefits?
New Jersey government has set certain conditions for receiving unemployment insurance benefits. People living or working in New Jersey must be aware of the unemployment insurance benefits. Check the following conditions for getting unemployment insurance benefits:
- The person who is going to claim insurance has been working in New Jersey for at least 18 months.
- He/she has to prove that he/she has not worked in the federal government or military in the past 18 months.
- The person needs to ensure that he/she has not worked as a maritime employee in the past 18 months.
- He/she has been living in the US throughout his/her life as residents from anywhere other than US are not allowed to enjoy the benefits.
- The person must not register for other benefit programs like Emergency Unemployment Benefits or Extended Benefits.
How NJUIFILE helps unemployed people?
NJUIFILE has made it easier for unemployed people of New Jersey to overcome problems related to unemployment. You just have to spend little time filing your claims and you can make your unemployment days easier.
- Collect form and fill up it from the official Unemployment portal.
- Make all your documents ready and claim for your benefits.
- Unemployed people can get money from NJUIFILE on a weekly basis.
- They can easily manage their expenditure with the money received from the insurance benefits. So, they can concentrate on finding new jobs forgetting about their financial crisis.
- You do not have to visit any office for filing your claim through NJUIFILE as all essential information is available online.
- Fill up your details carefully so that no further concussion arises.
With the help of the insurance benefits, unemployment people can make a fresh start in their life combating financial difficulties.
Some important things that you should know before filing your claim through NJUIFILE
- If you lose your job without your fault, don’t get upset. To get financial stability in your life, apply for the unemployment benefits without wasting your time.
- You do not have to worry about the misuse of the details you are providing. All information is kept safe and confidential.
- Any false information can lead to the cancellation of your claim. So be careful about entering your details.
- You can call NJ unemployment number or visit the official website to clear your doubts. Make a call any time between 8:30 am to 4:30 pm from Monday to Friday.
Essential documents/information for filing a claim at NJUIFILE
Prepare paperwork beforehand so that you do not have to look for them after starting form fill up. Make the following documents ready to proceed with your claim.
- Social Security Number
- Alien Registration Number (in case of a non-US citizen)
- Pension Information (for those receiving pension or 401k)
- Amount and duration of any separation if you receive any
- Recall date
- Union hiring hall information including address and local number (for those who get work through union)
- Military form DD-214 (for those who have worked in the military in the last 18 months)
- Form SF-8 or SF-50 (for federal employee)
- Information about each employer for whom you have worked:
- Complete name, address, contact number of the employer
- Beginning and ending dates of your employment
- Occupation with that employer
- Reason for separation
NJUIFILE contact details
- Central NJ Contact Number: 732-761-2020
- Southern NJ Contact Number: 856-507-2340
- Northern NJ Contact Number: 201-601-4100
- Out of State: 888-795-6672
File your claim at NJUIFILE online portal to make your unemployment day easier and simpler.