If you think that you are charged without any reason and you want to defend yourself in this case against you in the New Jersey Court, then you can do “plead not guilty”. This problem is faced by many people daily and you can Plead Not Guilty at NJMDirect in the court and defend yourself legally to save yourself from the fines charged against you. So, when you get a ticket fine, either you have to pay it directly at NJMCDirect Portal or fight it with Plead Not Guilty in the court.
Steps to Follow for NJMCDirect Plead Not Guilty
The decision can be anything depending on the factors and you cannot have any control over it. The decision may or may not favor you always. So, if you want to fight against the ticket fine, then follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Thoroughly go through the parking fine that you have received from the officer and try to understand what the reason behind receiving the fine was.
- The ticket includes many important dates that you should keep in mind.
- Appear in the court on a specific day or if you have got the date on the ticket, then try to appear before the court on that date.
- If you face any problem then make sure to contact the customer care executive of N.J. Court. They are always at your service.
- Before appearing in the court make sure to consult an advocate. They will help you to deal with the case and will provide you with fewer points rather than the actual unfair points.
- If you want to stick to plead not guilty then you have to be present before the judge and convey all your concerns. It is always a good idea to hire an advocate for yourself.
All the Possible Reasons for the Mistakes
If you are sure that you did not commit any violation of traffic rules but still you have got a traffic ticket, then there is a high possibility that the authority has made a mistake while issuing the ticket. Let’s have a look at all the possible reasons that can be made while issuing the traffic tickets:
- While having a look at the date and place on the traffic ticket and you remember that you did not drive any vehicle at that location, then it is possible that some other member of the family may have taken the vehicle and went to that location.
- If you have sold the car within a few days, then it takes time to make changes in the system of the driving record maintenance department of New Jersey. It simply means that the new owner of your previous car will be committing the violation and the fine will be issued against you.
- It is also that we forget the expiration date of our vehicle’s insurance policy. In this case, a traffic ticket may be filed against you as you are driving the vehicle without any active insurance policy.
- Driving a car without a proper driving license or expired driving license can lead to traffic fines. If it always better to renew the NJ license to avoid all kinds of traffic fines.
- The possibility of getting a traffic ticket due to a technical error is very less.
Why is it better to fight to plead not guilty in NJ Municipal Court
Fighting for your traffic tickets in the NJ Municipal Court can determine whether you are actually guilty of the violations of your traffic rules or not. Although the scopes of winning this case are less, you should never give up on fighting for your traffic tickets or fines. Receiving traffic tickets and clearing all the fines will add certain points to the driving license. Thus, the addition of specific points on your driving license can be problematic later on. So, if you don’t want to add up more points on your driving license then you should fight to plead not guilty in NJ Municipal Court.
What will happen if you lose the case in court
If the NJ Municipal Court proves you guilty for the violation of the traffic rules then you have to face these below-mentioned consequences:
- Fines- The court will ask you to clear all your traffic fines on a particular day. If you managed to convince the court of your incapability to pay fine on that day, then the court will ask you to pay in installments within a certain time period.
- Jail- The incapability of clearing the fines can lead you to jail.
Overall, this is all about NJMCDIRECT PLEAD NOT GUILTY. So, if you desire to apply to plead not guilty for your traffic ticket, then you should contact the NJ Court. Make everything clear to them about your pleading.